This week we’re introducing you to Brian Egerup Kjærulff, founder and CEO at Mobtimizers. In this interview, Brian explains his digital space background and experience. He also gives out some precious tips on ASO localization. 1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your company? I’ve always worked with a particular passion for digital strategy and optimization. Together with a partner, who is a creative analytics expert, I founded Mobtimizers in 2014 in order to …
United States / US English
NYTimes - Latest News
The New York Times Company,
|Store||Category||Version||Last Update||Avg. ratings|
|Android||News & Magazines||6.09.5||October 15, 2017||3.88|
ASO Score & Checklist
- ● App Name
Your app name looks great!
Show more >
Don’t forget to include the most important and relevant keywords for your app. They have a huge weight in the Play Store algorithm. This can therefore improve your discoverability. No idea? Check out our Keywords Analysis tool.
- ● App Description
The length of your description looks great.
Show more >
You have 4093 characters. The Play Store algorithm takes app descriptions into account so don't forget to use relevant and important keywords in your description to increase your discoverability. Use our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app.
- ● Screenshots
Ok, that's perfect.
Show more >
Ok, that's perfect. You have 23 screenshots. We hope that users can see all your incredible app features. Be sure that your first screenshots showcase your best features.
- ● Versions
Great! You have released a new version of your app less than 3 months ago.
Show more >
Version 6.13.1 released on September 07, 2017
What's new in version 6.13.1
* NEW: We’ve added caption support to our videos. While only a handful of videos have this option today, more caption-supported videos will be included in the app over time.
* UPDATE: We’ve added the option of viewing Cooking and Watching posts in a regular browser rather than in a webview inside the app. Tap the overflow icon (three dots) in the top right corner to choose the Open in Browser option. This option was previously called Open in Chrome.
Version 6.13.3 released on September 21, 2017
What's new in version 6.13.3
* NEW: You can now play NYT videos that appear in sections outside of the Video Section inline. You can still switch to fullscreen, and videos within articles will continue to only play fullscreen.
* UPDATE: We’ve made some visual changes to our Settings page.
* BUG FIX: We’ve fixed the issue that sometimes caused photos to appear with the wrong story.
Version 6.13.5 released on October 05, 2017
What's new in version 6.13.5
* We’ve updated the controls associated with our videos.
* We’ve also made some performance and visual improvements.
Version 6.12.3 released on August 10, 2017
Unlock all AppTweak features, start your 7-day free trialStart your free trial
Download the NYTimes app for Android FREE today and subscribe for as low as $14.99/month and receive your first 7-days at no cost*.
The New York Times app for Android delivers breaking news and our award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read the latest headlines from today’s news and original content in our FREE news app for phone and tablet.
The New York Times is offering the following subscription options:
1) Digital Access for $14.99/month. Digital Access includes access to NYTimes.com and all NYT apps. Unlimited article access, anytime, anywhere. Subscribe now and get your first 7-days free at no cost via Google Play*. All subscriptions auto-renew.
Save 30% with an annual subscription for $129.99/year.
2) Digital Access + Times Insider for $24.99/month. Digital access features plus access to exclusive, behind-the-scenes stories, photos and videos from our journalists inside the newsroom. You also receive 1 bonus subscription (a $25/month value) to give to anyone you'd like. Subscribe now and get your first 7-days free at no cost via Google Play*. All subscriptions auto-renew.
* New Interactive Comments, now you can write and recommend comments
* Explore our best sellers lists now located at the top of the Books section
* A new top navigation for swiping quickly across popular sections
* Customize which sections will be in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance including speed and stability
* Redesigned daily notification featuring the Morning Briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Collapsible top navigation: see more of your screen as you scroll through the sections
* Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
The New York Times app also includes our International edition, The International New York Times, with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4” phones to 12”+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (4.4+).
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here's a little bit about what each one does:
* In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted WiFi networks or if WiFi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
* Device ID & call information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the print newspaper. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
NYTimes - Latest News Ranking History | News & Magazines
NYTimes - Latest News daily app ranking in News & Magazines category for the last 30 days.
NYTimes - Latest News Worldwide Rankings | News & Magazines
NYTimes - Latest News rankings per country in News & Magazines category.
Unlock all features after signing up
Get more ASO recommendations, app rankings, store data, keywords insights and more.Start your free trial
App Keyword Tool
Use AppTweak Keyword tool to audit, optimize and monitor your keywords effectively.
Get the latest tips and tricks to improve your ASO Learn all ASO best practices to boost your app on top of the charts and beat your competitors.
This week we’re having the pleasure to publish a guest post from Ian Naylor, founder and CEO of AppInstitute, one of the world’s leading DIY App Builders. If you want to get a slice of the rapidly expanding app industry, it’s time to turn the app idea that’s floating around in your head into a real tangible product. Taking an app idea and turning it into something real is a challenge most app developers struggle …