Once again, we’re having the pleasure to collaborate with ComboApp. Our new guest post highlights the importance of competition monitoring in your ASO and app marketing strategies. Find out 5 key elements to monitor, track and analyze in order to get ahead of your competitors. « Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. » This quote, although attributed to Sun-tzu, a Chinese military strategist in 400BC, couldn’t be more true in today’s mobile app …
United States / US English
TheFreeDictionary.com – Farlex,
|Store||Category||Version||Last Update||Avg. ratings|
|Android||Books & Reference||7.0||December 08, 2017||4.47|
ASO Score & Checklist
- ● App Name
You app name is quite long enough.
Show more >
Make sure you have added relevant and strong keywords to optimize your discoverability. Check out our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app
- ● App Description
The length of your description looks great.
Show more >
You have 3781 characters. The Play Store algorithm takes app descriptions into account so don't forget to use relevant and important keywords in your description to increase your discoverability. Use our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app.
- ● Screenshots
Ok, that's perfect.
Show more >
Ok, that's perfect. You have 15 screenshots. We hope that users can see all your incredible app features. Be sure that your first screenshots showcase your best features.
- ● Versions
Great! You have released a new version of your app less than 3 months ago.
Show more >
Version 7.0 released on December 08, 2017
* Bookmark lists: Create separate lists to organize your bookmarks.
* Notifications now open the item instead of the homepage.
* Bug fixes and enhancements.
Version 6.1.3 released on April 04, 2017
Version 6.1 released on July 12, 2016
* Better search suggestions for misspelled words!
* Idiom of the Day.
* Watch idioms videos inside the app.
* Mismatch, a new game for matching opposites!
* New homepage design.
* New Spanish content, including Spanish Word of the Day and games.
* Bug fixes.
Version 5.1 released on February 02, 2016
Unlock all AppTweak features, start your 7-day free trialStart your free trial
The only free online and offline dictionary and thesaurus with every word you look up. Millions of definitions from the most trusted sources, including:
The American Heritage Dictionary
Plus FREE access to:
English Offline Dictionary
English Offline Thesaurus with synonyms, antonyms, and related words
Word of the Day
English Idioms and Slang Dictionary
Translations of English into 40+ languages
Dozens of other translation options
+ Much more! The Free Dictionary is like getting 100+ dictionaries in one user-friendly app.
See why we have top ratings after millions of downloads:
* Find every word you look up.
Clear, precise definitions from the best dictionaries—online and offline dictionary access.
* Find synonyms fast.
Free Thesaurus with an easy-to-use interface helps you find the perfect word every time.
* Learn something new every day.
Word of the Day
Idiom of the Day
+ Other daily content
* Build your vocabulary.
Learn the words you look up. Featuring:
* Explore your favorite topics.
Multiple specialty dictionaries and encyclopedias:
Idioms and Slang dictionary
Acronyms and Abbreviations
* Play fun word games.
Spelling Bee, Hangman, Match Up, and more.
* Watch idioms in action.
Play idioms videos inside the app! Animated definitions of words and phrases from the idioms and slang dictionary.
* Access dictionaries in 13 other languages:
Spanish dictionary and thesaurus
French dictionary and thesaurus
German dictionary and thesaurus
Italian dictionary and thesaurus
Portuguese dictionary and thesaurus
Russian dictionary and thesaurus
* Translate English into Spanish, French, and 40+ languages.
Or translate other languages into English, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Access dictionaries and encyclopedias from industry-leading publishers with just one search:
Cambridge University Press
Columbia University Press
Here's what makes The Free Dictionary the easiest dictionary app to use:
* Define any word in any app. Just highlight the word and "share" with The Free Dictionary app.
* Voice search. Look up any word just by saying it.
* Look up any word on the page. Just highlight it and tap the search icon.
* Save thousands of bookmarks and sync them to any device.
* Customize your homepage: Move, add, or remove articles, games, even local weather.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Adjust font size.
* Share your favorite words via social networks, email, or text.
* Advanced searches.
* Earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by using the app!
This is not a trial version—you get everything free and forever. Additional offline dictionaries in other languages are available in the Pro version.
Sound too good to be true?
Read real reviews to see why our users say The Free Dictionary is the best dictionary app they've ever used.
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app can be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions).
Dictionary Ranking History | Books & Reference
Dictionary daily app ranking in Books & Reference category for the last 30 days.
Dictionary Worldwide Rankings | Books & Reference
Dictionary rankings per country in Books & Reference category.
Unlock all features after signing up
Get more ASO recommendations, app rankings, store data, keywords insights and more.Start your free trial
App Keyword Tool
Use AppTweak Keyword tool to audit, optimize and monitor your keywords effectively.
Get the latest tips and tricks to improve your ASO Learn all ASO best practices to boost your app on top of the charts and beat your competitors.
We had the pleasure to contribute to the blog of ASO-Perform-Apps (German ASO consulting company), founded by Maximilian Lehmann. In this post, we give app developers and marketers a few hacks to increase their app retention through push notifications. Discover how to keep your users with these 4 easy techniques. Read the entire post on ASO-Perform-Apps blog. 4 Definitive Hacks for an improved App Retention A few years ago, mobile marketing was driven by installs …