This week we’re welcoming a guest post from Gabe (Incipia), one of our first ASO experts. In this article, Gabe breaks down his daily ASO routine into 7 steps. From researching to monitoring, learn from his experience and discover how your can maximize your App Store Optimization journey effectively. While this is especially helpful for ASO newbies, even people who aren’t new to managing ASO may ask this question, in order to make sure they …
United States / US English
Orfox: Tor Browser for Android
The Tor Project,
|Store||Category||Version||Last Update||Avg. ratings|
|Android||Communication||Fennec-52.2.0esr/TorBrowser-7.0-1/Orfox-1.4-RC-3||August 07, 2017||4.22|
ASO Score & Checklist
- ● App Name
Your app name looks great!
Show more >
Don’t forget to include the most important and relevant keywords for your app. They have a huge weight in the Play Store algorithm. This can therefore improve your discoverability. No idea? Check out our Keywords Analysis tool.
- ● App Description
The length of your description looks great.
Show more >
You have 3529 characters. The Play Store algorithm takes app descriptions into account so don't forget to use relevant and important keywords in your description to increase your discoverability. Use our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app.
- ● Screenshots
You could add some screenshots.
Show more >
We only found 3 screenshots. It is recommended to use all 8 available slots. Make sure to include some text to describe your app on each screenshot. Don’t forget showcase your best features on the first screenshots as they will be displayed in the Search Results on the Play Store.
- ● Versions
Your last version was released more than 3 months ago. Update your app with new features and/or some bug fixing.
Show more >
Version Fennec-52.2.0esr/TorBrowser-7.0-1/Orfox-1.4-RC-3 released on August 07, 2017
Fixes multiple common crashes from last RC
Version Fennec-52.2.0esr/TorBrowser-7.0-1/Orfox-1.4-RC-2 released on August 03, 2017
Version Fennec-45.5.1esr/TorBrowser-6.5-1/Orfox-1.2.1 released on December 01, 2016
- Updated to Tor Browser 6.5 / FIrefox 45.5.1 foundation
- This release features an important security update to Firefox: https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2016/11/30/fixing-an-svg-animation-vulnerability/
- Many more maintenance improvements and updates
- Updated to Tor Browser 6.5 /Firefox 45.4 foundation
- DuckDuckGo now default search engine (please enable NoScript!)
- Some fixes for Orbot / Tor integration
- New icon!
Version Fennec-45.4.0esr/TorBrowser-6.5-1/Orfox-1.2 released on September 24, 2016
Unlock all AppTweak features, start your 7-day free trialStart your free trial
Orfox is built from the same source code as Tor Browser (which is built upon Firefox), but with a few minor modifications to the privacy enhancing features to make them compatible with Firefox for Android and the Android operating system.
Orfox REQUIRES Orbot app for Android to connect to the Tor network.
In as many ways as possible, we adhere to the design goals of Tor Browser (https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/), by supporting as much of their actual code as possible, and extending their work into the additional Android components of Firefox for Android.
** Also, includes NoScript and HTTPSEverywhere add-ons built in!
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
Learn more at:
* * How is Orfox different than Tor Browser for desktop?
* The Orfox code repository is at https://github.com/guardianproject/tor-browser and the Tor Browser repository is here:https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/. The Orfox repository is a fork of the Tor Browser repository with the necessary modification and Android-specific code as patches on top of the Tor Browser work. We will keep our repository in sync with updates and release of Tor Browser.
* Orfox is built from the Tor Browser repo based on ESR38 (https://dev.guardianproject.info/issues/5146https://dev.guardianproject.info/news/221) and has only two modified patches that were not relevant or necessary for Android
* Orfox does not currently include the mobile versions of the Tor Browser * Button, but this we will be added shortly, now that we have discovered how to properly support automatic installation of extensions on Android (https://dev.guardianproject.info/issues/5360)
* Orfox currently allows for users to bookmark sites, and may have additional data written to disk beyond what the core gecko browser component does. We are still auditing all disk write code, and determining how to appropriately disable or harden it. (https://dev.guardianproject.info/issues/5437)
* * How is Orfox different than Orweb?
Orweb is our current default browser for Orbot/Tor mobile users (https://guardianproject.info/apps/orweb) that has been downloaded over 2 million times. It is VERY VERY SIMPLE, as it only has one tab, no bookmark capability, and an extremely minimal user experience.
Orweb is built upon the bundled WebView (Webkit) browser component inside of the Android operating system.
This has proven to be problematic because we cannot control the version of that component, and cannot upgrade it directly when bugs are found. In addition, Google has made it very difficult to effectively control the network proxy settings of all aspects of this component, making it difficult to guarantee that traffic will not leak on all devices and OS versions.
Orweb also only provides a very limited amount of capability of Tor Browser, primarily related to reducing browser fingerprinting, minimizing disk writes, and cookie and history management. It trys to mimic some of the settings of Tor Browser, but doesn’t actually use any of the actual code written for Tor Browser security hardening.
Orfox: Tor Browser for Android Ranking History | Communication
Orfox: Tor Browser for Android daily app ranking in Communication category for the last 30 days.
Orfox: Tor Browser for Android Worldwide Rankings | Communication
Orfox: Tor Browser for Android rankings per country in Communication category.
Unlock all features after signing up
Get more ASO recommendations, app rankings, store data, keywords insights and more.Start your free trial
App Keyword Tool
Use AppTweak Keyword tool to audit, optimize and monitor your keywords effectively.
Get the latest tips and tricks to improve your ASO Learn all ASO best practices to boost your app on top of the charts and beat your competitors.
For the first time, we’re welcoming a guest post from Appsee, mobile app analytics platform. In this article Hannah gives us the checklist to complete in order to build a solid mobile user onboarding strategy. If app pros want users sticking around with their product, they need to be with them every step of the way. From the first time users open the app, app pros need to be there, providing assistance along the way. …