Here’s our new guest post published on AppLift. This article is a re-write of our previous post on the new Apple’s OS. Find out 3 big opportunities for app developers brought by the new capabilities and features of iOS9. Apple’s latest operating system, iOS9, was introduced at the annual Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference Keynote, held on June 8 in San Francisco. Since the general launch in September, we’ve observed an impressively quick adoption rate: there …
United States / US English
|Store||Category||Version||Last Update||Avg. ratings|
|Android||Photography||1.42.2||December 30, 2017||4.31|
ASO Score & Checklist
- ● App Name
You app name is quite long enough.
Show more >
Make sure you have added relevant and strong keywords to optimize your discoverability. Check out our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app
- ● App Description
The length of your description looks great.
Show more >
You have 2886 characters. The Play Store algorithm takes app descriptions into account so don't forget to use relevant and important keywords in your description to increase your discoverability. Use our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app.
- ● Screenshots
Ok, that's perfect.
Show more >
Ok, that's perfect. You have 5 screenshots. We hope that users can see all your incredible app features. Be sure that your first screenshots showcase your best features.
- ● Versions
Great! You have released a new version of your app less than 3 months ago.
Show more >
Version 1.42.2 released on December 30, 2017
Fixed some crashes.
Problems with alignment of some dialogs in portrait mode on some devices (possibly an Android 8 issue).
On-screen face icon displayed when face detection is enabled.
Version 1.42 released on November 19, 2017
Application shortcuts (requires Android 7.1).
Face detection now supports accessibility services (e.g., Google Talkback).
Expo images now saved with suffix "_0" etc, instead of "_EXP0" etc. This means Google Photos knows to group the images together.
Fixed bug since 1.41 where if camera failed to open, it wasn't possible to switch to other cameras.
"Show angle" no longer enabled by default.
Performance improvements and other bug fixes.
Version 1.41.1 released on October 21, 2017
1.41.1: Fixed some crashes in 1.41.
What's New dialog now shows (once only) new features.
Take photos while recording video. UI improvements (switch photo/video and switch camera icons now next to take photo icon; ISO controls now moved to exposure panel). HDR improvements (including ghost removal).
Performance improvements and bug fixes. Added Norwegian Bokmål translation (thanks to Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen).
Version 1.40 released on August 18, 2017
Improvements to HDR algorithm (problems with HDR photos coming out too dark).
Changing color effect or white balance is now faster, and no longer closes the popup (unless switching to manual white balance); for Camera2 mode, changing scene mode is also faster.
Improved performance when leaving Settings.
Pause icon now changes when pausing video (thanks to Johan Ejdemark).
Polish translation (thanks to Jacek Buczynski).
Various other fixes and performance improvements.
Unlock all AppTweak features, start your 7-day free trialStart your free trial
Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for Android phones and tablets. Features:
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Expose your camera's functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch.
* Video recording (including HD, and taking photos while recording video).
* Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command "cheese".
* Configurable volume keys.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for "screen flash".
* Support for (some) external microphones.
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
* Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; manual white balance temperature; RAW (DNG) files.
* Dynamic range optimisation mode.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
Note that it's not possible for me to test Open Camera on every Android device out there, so please test before using Open Camera to photo/video your wedding etc :)
App icon by Adam Lapinski ( http://www.yeti-designs.com ).
Open Camera Ranking History | Photography
Open Camera daily app ranking in Photography category for the last 30 days.
Open Camera Worldwide Rankings | Photography
Open Camera rankings per country in Photography category.
Unlock all features after signing up
Get more ASO recommendations, app rankings, store data, keywords insights and more.Start your free trial
App Keyword Tool
Use AppTweak Keyword tool to audit, optimize and monitor your keywords effectively.
Get the latest tips and tricks to improve your ASO Learn all ASO best practices to boost your app on top of the charts and beat your competitors.
This week’s guest post goes to Whalla Labs, mobile app development company. At WWDC16, Apple introduced the arrival of Search Ads, which will be displayed in the App Store search results. But how and when will these ads appear? How will they affect App Store Optimization (ASO) and app discoverability? Everything you need to know below. Read the entire post on Whalla Labs blog. App Store discoverability: looking for a needle in a haystack App …