Discover our Worldwide Google Play Daily Download Estimates
Now live on AppTweak! You can check the daily download estimates of any app in the Play Store and in more than 70 countries! Thanks to the large amount of data collected over the past year and to our machine learning technology, we can now provide accurate estimations worldwide! Keep reading to learn more about our methodology.
Google Play Download Estimates in +70 countries!
Imagine how insightful it would be to peak at the number of downloads your competitors are getting on a daily basis… Well that’s now possible on AppTweak!! We provide the daily download estimates for any app in the Play Store in more than 70 countries. This is a great opportunity to compare your app’s performance with competitors and have a better idea of how far behind/ahead of competition you are.
Let’s take an example!, We compared the daily downloads estimates of Uber Eats with DoorDash over the last 3 months. UberEats has a regular 30k daily downloads and we can see that DoorDash is gradually catching up!
UberEats Daily Download Estimates on the US Play Store (last 3 months)
DoorDash Daily Download Estimates on the US Play Store (last 3 months)
The download estimates of an app can really help you understand the market you’re playing in. For instance, you can have an idea of the number of daily downloads you will need to reach the top 10 of your app’s category by comparing the download estimates of the apps currently in the top charts. You can also check how constant or exceptional an app’s downloads are, or how the downloads have progressed over time.
For instance, we compared the game’s PUBG MOBILE’s daily downloads with those of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery and you immediately see that PUBG MOBILE has managed to maintain a constant level of daily downloads above 20k whereas Harry Potter dropped under the 10k one month after launch.
PUBG MOBILE Daily Download Estimates on US Play Store (past 6 months)
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Daily Download Estimates on US Play Store (past 6 months)
AppTweak also shows the spread of downloads of an app on the world map. In just a glimpse you can immediately identify where your competition is performing best. You might even discover new market opportunities. To illustrate, we compared the worldwide daily download estimates of Happn and Tinder to find that they both had very different leading markets.
Tinder Daily Download Estimates on the Play Store worldwide (past 3 months)
Happn Daily Download Estimates on the Play Store worldwide (past 3 months)
You can also change the date range of the data, to check the numbers over the last year or the past week, or any custom range of your choice. All the data we provide can be downloaded in CSV so that you can further manipulate it in other reporting tools and share it with your team.
The AppTweak methodology behind the data
So how reliable is this data? Where do the numbers come from? We believe that if you don’t know how the data is computed, you cannot trust it, that’s why transparency is one of our top priorities at AppTweak!
As you probably know, you can sync your AppTweak account with your Google Play Console to access your app’s real data directly in AppTweak. Well, many of our 800+ clients have synced their data over the last year, and this has helped us build a model that can predict the daily downloads of an app based on its category ranking.
Basically, we started from the large amount of existing data points that we collected (the ‘real data’) and looked at the correlation between number of downloads and app rankings. We were then able to define a predictive curve to which we applied some machine learning to capture any seasonality or other influencing factors in order to provide the most accurate estimation.
Important: This of course does NOT mean that we share your data to any third party. Be 100% reassured, your data is anonymized, encrypted and safely stored.
Our 3-level confidence score
If you’re still following, you’ll understand that the accuracy of our data really depends on the number of real points we have behind. The higher the better! That’s why we’ve implemented a 3-level reliability score, so that you have a better idea of how confident we are on the estimations given.
Since you can look at these estimations for any app, in any category and in more than 70 countries, there are some combinations for which we have less data. For instance, there are some countries for which we have few real data to compare with, making our estimations slightly less robust.
It can also happen that you are looking at an app in a specific category and country and we have little real data points that have a similar ranking position. In this case again, the estimations are less accurate and the error range is larger. The ranking tier influences the accuracy of our data as we may have more or less data points for a given group of rankings.
The three levels of confidence are:
- MODERATE: The level of accuracy for the estimates you’re looking at is moderate. We don’t have a lot of real data points for the given category / country / ranking tier. It’s a rough estimation, that is more useful in terms of comparison between apps rather than providing an actual number of downloads or revenue.
- FAIR: The level of accuracy for the estimates you’re looking at is medium. We have a fair amount of real data points for the given category / country / ranking tier. Although you still need to be careful while interpreting the data provided, these most likely have a good correlation with the exact data.
- ACCURATE: The level of accuracy for the estimates you’re looking at is high. We have a lot of real data points for the given category / country / ranking tier. We guarantee that our estimates are highly accurate in this case. They should reflect very well the real number of downloads and/or revenue of this app you’re looking at.
Of course, our goal is to improve the level of accuracy of our estimates as much as possible as we continue to gather data over time.
Where to find Google play download estimates
You’ll find the Google Play Download Estimates under the Analytics tab, in ‘Download Estimates’. AppTweak shows by default the daily download estimates history over the past 3 months on a bar chart, with the total over that time frame and for the selected country in the upper left corner. As you change the date range, the numbers will automatically update.
If you click on the ‘WorldMap’ button in the upper right corner, you’ll see the download estimates for the same period of time but across the globe - in just a click!
Under each graph, you can find a table with the download estimates per day (bar chart) and per country (worldmap).
The download estimates are available starting from the Guru plan at 299€/month. With the Guru plan, you can access to the data in 20 default countries. If you’re on the Enterprise plan, you have access to the download estimates in all supported countries (+70).
- Guru plan (299€/month): Brazil, Canada, United States, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Japan
- Enterprise plan (599€/month): Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Kazakstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore, Taiwan, Province Of China, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
Eager to check the estimates we made for your app? Curious to have a look at your competitors’ estimates? Wait no longer, the numbers are just a click away!