Jobs at AppTweak Looking for new challenges? We're hiring on both engineering and business team. Come work with us!
Open Positions in Brussels, Belgium > Ruby on Rails Developer
Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for providing the data for the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions such as Redis, MySQL etc
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as Sidekiq
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Able to create normalized database schemas
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git