Jobs at AppTweak Looking for new challenges? We're hiring on both engineering and business team. Come work with us!
Open Positions in Brussels, Belgium > Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the user database, connection with our data API, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for providing the data for the elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions such as Redis, MySQL etc
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- In-depth experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as Sidekiq
- Solid understanding of the architecture of Ruby, Rails, Active Record, Active Resource etc
- Solid understanding of HTTP
- Experience building and interacting with RESTful web services
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git