ASO Conference & TechCrunch Disrupt: Recap & ASO Learnings
ASO Conference New York - October 4th, 2019
🕠 When: October 4th, 2019
🇺🇸 Where: New York, USA
🔍 What: Exclusive event focussing on expert-level ASO discussions
After the big success of the ASO conference in Berlin earlier this year we were very happy to sponsor this event once again, but this time in New York!
The ASO Conference, co-hosted by Incipia and Phiture, is an exclusive event with a focus on ASO and ASA only. It’s a very unique event to learn from and network with ASO experts.
Here is a recap of some of the most insightful talks:
- Rocio Morales, Senior ASO Strategist at King shared insights about the importance of testing your ASO strategy during the soft launch of a new game. With the example of Candy Crush Friends, Rocio showed how they succeeded to reach top positions in its category in their top markets by implementing a proper keyword and creative strategy. Rocio further shared more detailed insights into how they build different semantic dictionaries to avoid keyword cannibalization with their other games.
- Peter Yoon, former ASO Lead at Uber talked about how they managed launching the Uber Eats app in 30+ markets. At first Uber focussed on choosing a universal design for their screenshots to try to appeal in as many markets as possible. Based on their research, french fries seemed to be a popular food in most of their main markets 🍟and became a focus in their screenshot design. Later the team localized their screenshots to appeal more to the local market and local consumer preferences. While the first strategy may lead to save costs and lead to a single brand identity, localizing your screenshots for local consumer preferences allows for more growth.
- Luca Giacomel, Head of Game Development at Bending Spoons presented some strategies and tools marketers can use to evaluate the performance of their ASO work. He shared insights about how a keyword update leads to a faster and easier to spot increase in downloads in comparison to creative updates who show a more gradual increase. In fact, when updating creatives, he suggest to not focus on the impact on downloads but to monitor the conversion rate instead. Also, pro tip 💡: don’t test textual and visual metadata updates at the same time to fully understand the impact of each update. Luca further explained how he uses Sherlock to monitor the impact of his ASO updates.
- Alexandra Lamachenka, Marketing Manager at Skyscanner talked about Skyscanner’s latest rebranding and showed how she and her team managed a brand refresh across 40 localizations in just 3 months! Alexandra talked about how they managed to integrate ASO into their product team and as a result they managed to create more than 2000 screenshots in only 2,5 weeks! Impressive!
- Mirela Cialai, Director of Mobile Marketing at Zinio, showcased how Zinio managed to increase 5-star reviews with more than 150% by implementing an app store rating and review strategy. Mirela further highlighted the importance of implementing such strategy as research shows that ratings are the 3rd most influential ASO factor, just behind the App Name and Localized Product Page! A crucial element you need to consider when to implement your Review Strategy is ‘timing’. Target users at the right time, when they are most likely to be pleased with their experience in the app.
A big thank you to the team at Phiture and Incipia for organizing such a great event👏!
TechCrunch San Francisco - October 2 - 4, 2019
🕠 When: October 2nd - 4th, 2019
🇺🇸 Where: San Francisco USA
🔍 What: Startup Conference
TechCrunch Disrupt is focused on debuting revolutionary startups, introducing new technologies, and discussing top tech trends. It is an opportunity to hear from industry leaders and emerging front runners. AppTweak attended the event with our partner Hub Brussels and met with innovative startups and app developers. There were speakers from diverse backgrounds including, Mark Benioff (Co CEO, Salesforce), Will Smith (Actor and Investor), Jennifer Tejada (CEO, Pagerduty) and Shan-Lyn Ma (Co Founder and CEO, Zola) and many more.
Keep an eye on our Social Media to see what our team is up to next! We love to meet our customers in person and talk ASO!
AppTweak ReleasesApp Market Insights
Most Popular Revenue Models in the App Stores
AppTweak ReleasesApp Market Insights
Close up on Trending EU Health & Fitness apps