iOS 11 was launched last September and it came along with lots of changes! Two major metadata fields were introduced: the Subtitle and the Promotional text. Five months later, we dug into our data and did some interesting discoveries! Guess how many apps are actually using these fields? Which category shows the highest number of updates? And the lowest? Discover all answers in our beautiful infographic below! New Keyword Fields To Enhance App Discovery Both …
United States / US English
KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars
|Store||Category||Version||Last Update||Avg. ratings|
|Android||Travel and Local||49.1||February 12, 2018||4.5|
ASO Score & Checklist
- ● App Name
Your app name looks great!
Show more >
Don’t forget to include the most important and relevant keywords for your app. They have a huge weight in the Play Store algorithm. This can therefore improve your discoverability. No idea? Check out our Keywords Analysis tool.
- ● App Description
The length of your description looks great.
Show more >
You have 3277 characters. The Play Store algorithm takes app descriptions into account so don't forget to use relevant and important keywords in your description to increase your discoverability. Use our Keywords Analysis to find the best keywords for your app.
- ● Screenshots
Ok, that's perfect.
Show more >
Ok, that's perfect. You have 10 screenshots. We hope that users can see all your incredible app features. Be sure that your first screenshots showcase your best features.
- ● Versions
Great! You have released a new version of your app less than 3 months ago.
Show more >
Version 49.1 released on February 12, 2018
Version 47.0 released on January 12, 2018
Version 46.1 released on December 21, 2017
• Tired of swiping left on dating apps? You'll fall in love with our new swipe feature on Trips, making it easier to share trips with friends or delete trips that don't set your heart aflutter.
• Account navigation has new design and iconography, helping you zip from Watchlists to Preferences and back to your search.
Version 46.0 released on December 20, 2017
Unlock all AppTweak features, start your 7-day free trialStart your free trial
KAYAK searches hundreds of other travel sites so you don’t have to. Book the perfect flight, hotel or rental car and save money with mobile-only rates and Private Deals. KAYAK Trips lets you organize all of your travel plans in one place including free flight status updates, airport terminal maps and security wait times. KAYAK is the only app you need for planning, booking and traveling.
SEARCH: Find great deals on flights, hotels and rental cars
• Unlock Private Deals and exclusive mobile-only rates for even more savings
• Effortlessly and securely book via the app without the need to re-enter your traveler data and credit card information.
• Pick a destination and choose flexible dates to find out when it’s best to fly.
• Filter options based on stops, airlines, departure times, amenities and much more.
• Book at the right time. Price Forecasts let you know whether your airfare is likely to go up. Price history charts show airfare trends over the last 90 days.
• Have big travel dreams but can’t decide on a destination? Use Explore to set your max airfare and see all the amazing places in the world where you can travel (whatever your budget, let us help you search!).
TRIPS: Your free personal travel assistant
• Organize your travel plans in one place, regardless of where you booked.
• Book on KAYAK or forward your booking confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin building your trip. Optionally auto-import bookings from your Gmail account.
• Stay up-to-date with real-time flight status, gate change and baggage claim notifications.
• Get security wait time estimates for your flight.
• Navigate around the airport with step-by-step directions.
• Find shops, duty free, food, coffee, chargers, restrooms, lounges and more. See actual photos of each and learn whether they are before or after security.
• Countdown timers keep track of your flight’s progress and remaining layover time.
• Share your travel plans with family and friends.
• No internet access, no problem. View your itinerary and airport maps with no internet connection.
PRICE ALERTS: Never miss a deal
• Let us do the searching for you. Create a flight or hotel Price Alert and we’ll notify you when the price changes.
• Not sure where to go? Create a Price Alert for top world cities or specific regions and let the deal determine your next adventure.
FLIGHT TRACKER: Track the status of any flight
• Know if you’re arriving early or late by viewing the status of departure and arrival times.
• Monitor the flight’s progress in the air with the convenient map view.
• Easily track friends and family with the flight number or airline.
• Winner of 10 Webby Awards including:
• People's Voice Award for Travel Mobile Apps & Other Handheld Devices (2015)
• Webby and People's Voice Award for Travel Tablet Apps & all Other Handheld Devices (2014)
• Time Magazine: 50 Best iPhone Apps (2014)
• Wired Magazine: The 8 Best Apps for World Travelers (2014)
Discover helpful travel tips, tools and information by following our blog: https://www.kayak.com/news/
We'd love to hear from you:
KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars Ranking History | Travel and Local
KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars daily app ranking in Travel and Local category for the last 30 days.
KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars Worldwide Rankings | Travel and Local
KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars rankings per country in Travel and Local category.
Unlock all features after signing up
Get more ASO recommendations, app rankings, store data, keywords insights and more.Start your free trial
App Keyword Tool
Use AppTweak Keyword tool to audit, optimize and monitor your keywords effectively.
Get the latest tips and tricks to improve your ASO Learn all ASO best practices to boost your app on top of the charts and beat your competitors.
This article was generously submitted by Krista McLandress, Marketing Manager at AppsBuilder – a professional, yet easy to use mobile app development platform. In this guest post, Krista tackles a controversial subject and compares app design innovation vs templates and themes usage. If she thinks that hand coded apps will not disappear, she points out how time-consuming it can be to craft an entire new app design. App developers should sometimes focus more on their app business …