Great! You have released a new version of your app less than 3 months ago.
Version 4.3 released on May 13, 2018
Version 4.2 released on December 18, 2017
We are very happy to announce that our friends at Outlier Linguistics are making an awesome new dictionary of kanji etymology which will be released exclusively through Japanese.
These explanations are available for all of the 80 kanji in grade 1.
Version 4.1 released on October 26, 2017
Several bug fixes
Version 4.0.1 released on August 17, 2017
Version 4.0.1 fixes a few bugs that happened when updating to the new version.
Version 4.0 of Japanese is the best version yet, introducing new features such as handwriting recognition, a text reader and a revamped user interface.
• Conjugation Search: Search a word in any conjugation to get a complete dictionary entry for that word.
• Text Reader: Struggling with a website or text message? Input text and see it deconstructed into its constituent parts, allowing for easy reading comprehension.
• Feedback: Notice something wrong? Send us feedback with new ‘send feedback’ button. We will forward this feedback to the according sources: JMdict for definitions and Tatoeba.org for examples sentences.
• Flashcards: New and improved flashcard study, allowing for more customisation, study reminders and social elements that allow you to share your lists with friends.
• New study algorithm: Japanese now includes a version of the SRS algorithm that is found in apps like Anki, but is heavily geared towards the Japanese language and its unique features.
• Text-to-Speech: Learn a word’s pronunciation with Japanese’s text-to-speech function.
• JLPT: Tests aren’t everything. But for those seeking to master the JLPT, Japanese has dedicated, up-to-date study lists.
• Handwriting Recognition: Now with Artificial Intelligence! Write any kanji in any stroke order and have Japanese decipher and display the most likely kanji or kana. Recognition rate has been increased to 99.3%, vastly improving this features functionality.
• When using the component-search, Japanese will automatically suggest words that match your partially entered kanji.
• New UI: More intuitive than ever. Find the information you need, when you need it.
• Split View: Japanese now supports Split View, allowing you to use Japanese simultaneously with other applications on your iPad or large screen Apple device.
• Sharing: Share Lists with family, friends and study buddies via AirDrop, Messages or email.