Apptivate Podcast: ASO Insights to Increase App Downloads
App businesses need to build great products in order to succeed. But without a solid marketing strategy, you’re unlikely to get high volumes of downloads or generate re-engagements. To enable growth and drive app installs, App Store Optimization (ASO) plays an essential role in improving your app’s visibility and installation rate. But how does it work on a more granular level?
Few are better placed to answer this than AppTweak’s very own head of ASO, Simon Thillay. His expertise in the field recently earned himself a spot on the esteemed Apptivate podcast. This show, which hosts some of the brightest minds in the mobile industry, is produced by Remerge, a Berlin-based team specializing in in-app retargeting campaigns for some of the world’s most prominent app businesses.
What does the podcast cover?
In Apptivate’s most recent episode, Simon joins Maria Lannon (Remerge’s VP of Sales and Account Management) to discuss how a comprehensive approach to App Store Optimization can drive meaningful growth for app brands.
During the episode, they touch on:
- Simon’s career path into the world of App Store Optimization
- The history and ever-changing principles of ASO
- The use of in-store custom product pages to drive up installs
- How Simon’s team doubled SoundCloud’s conversion rates and reduced their CPI by 40%
- How app store reviews can be used to drive up ad performance
- Key tips for building a dynamic team
- Insights from the ASO community
- Incremental impact and the value of A/B/B testing
- Details of the book Advanced App Store Optimization Simon co-authored on ASO
- How Europe’s Digital Market’s Act may shake up the app store ecosystem
Listen to the full episode now for valuable app marketing insights and ASO hacks that will help you achieve your app’s growth goals.