App Store Optimization (ASO) for B2B Apps
App Store Optimization (ASO) is a critical part of any mobile app marketing strategy. For B2B (business-to-business) apps, the stakes are even higher, as they need to be highly visible and easily discoverable in the app stores to meet the needs of businesses. In this blog post, we’ll explore the key strategies and share useful ASO tips for optimizing B2B apps in the app stores.
ASO challenges for B2B apps
While ASO is essential for any mobile app, doing ASO for B2B apps comes with its own unique set of challenges:
- Unlike consumer-focused apps, B2B apps often have a smaller and more niche target audience, which makes it more challenging to identify relevant keywords and optimize the app’s title and description.
- B2B apps are often used by businesses, rather than individual users, which means that social proof, such as ratings and reviews, may carry more weight in the app stores. However, it’s not always easy to collect reviews with B2B apps.
- Thirdly, B2B apps may require localization into multiple languages, as they may be used in international markets. Many apps opt to keep the default in all markets, as it does take quite a few resources to fully localize an app. However, this can actually be a factor in dissuading users from downloading.
- Finally, B2B apps may face more competition within their niche, requiring a more targeted ASO strategy to stand out.
Despite these challenges, effective ASO is critical for B2B apps to attract and retain users, and utilizing ASO tools like AppTweak can help overcome these challenges and optimize the app’s performance in the app stores.
We’ve highlighted some insightful tips to ensure that your B2B app is best optimized in the app stores.
Tip #1: Conduct proper keyword research for B2B apps
Keyword research is crucial for B2B apps because it helps to ensure that the app is accurately and effectively represented in the app stores. B2B customers often search for products and services using specific keywords that are relevant to their business needs and challenges. By conducting keyword research, developers can identify the most relevant and high-volume keywords for their app and use them in the app’s metadata, including the app name, description, and keywords.
- Using relevant and high-volume keywords can help improve the app’s visibility and discoverability in search results and the app stores. This, in turn, can increase the app’s chances of being found by potential customers who are searching for solutions to their specific business problems.
- Keyword research can also help developers identify important trends and insights related to their target audience’s search behavior. For example, by analyzing the keywords that potential customers are using to search for similar products or services, developers can gain valuable insights into their customers’ needs, preferences, and pain points. This information can be used to refine the app’s value proposition, messaging, and features to better meet the needs of potential customers.
Tip #2: Optimize your B2B app’s title and description
By optimizing app metadata, B2B mobile app developers can ensure that their app is accurately and effectively represented in the search results and the app stores. This can help increase the app’s visibility and attract more qualified leads who are searching for solutions to their specific business problems.
Optimizing metadata can also help to improve a B2B app’s appeal to potential customers by communicating the app’s value proposition and unique features in a clear and concise manner. B2B app developers can create a strong first impression and increase the chances of users downloading the app by:
- creating compelling and relevant content to describe your app
- optimizing your title and description with relevant keywords that users would likely use to search for apps similar to yours (make sure you’re not stuffing your app description with keywords)
- engaging users with a captivating storyline
- highlighting the app’s benefits
- addressing potential pain points of customers
It is recommended to use relevant and high-volume keywords in your app’s metadata to increase your chances of appearing in the search results for specific search queries.
By effectively communicating the app’s value proposition and using the right keywords, developers can increase their app’s chances of success in the competitive B2B market.
Tip #3: Optimize your B2B app’s creative assets
Creative optimization, a key part of any ASO strategy, should be a priority for B2B apps to effectively attract the target market:
- Catch the attention of potential users: Effective creative assets, such as eye-catching screenshots or videos, can help a B2B app stand out in a crowded marketplace and grab the attention of potential users. By optimizing their creative assets, B2B apps can make sure their message resonates with their target audience and encourages them to take action.
- Increase engagement and conversions: Creative assets that are optimized for the platform they are displayed on can lead to increased engagement and conversions. For example, a well-designed and visually appealing landing page can encourage users to sign up for a free trial or purchase a subscription.
- Improve brand perception: Consistent and well-designed creative assets can improve a B2B app’s brand perception and make it appear more professional and trustworthy. This can be especially important in industries where trust and credibility are critical factors in the decision-making process.
- Cost-effective marketing: By optimizing their creative assets, B2B apps can potentially reduce their marketing costs. Effective creative assets can lead to better engagement and conversions, which means less money spent on acquiring new customers.
Tip #4: Utilize app store reviews for your B2B app
B2B customers are often looking for apps that can help them solve specific business problems, and their feedback can help developers better understand their needs and preferences.
- By analyzing app reviews, developers for B2B apps can identify common themes and issues that are mentioned by users, such as usability problems, bugs, or missing features. This information can be used to prioritize improvements and address the most pressing issues first, improving the overall user experience and increasing customer satisfaction. By listening to users and responding to their feedback, developers can create a better product that meets the needs of their target audience and drives business success.
- Analyzing reviews can also help B2B app developers to identify areas where the app is performing well and capitalize on those strengths. For example, if users consistently praise the app’s ease of use or customer support, developers can use that feedback to highlight those features in the app’s marketing materials and messaging.
- Make sure to prioritize replying to negative reviews. This may give the user the impression that you are actively listening and working to fix any issues in your app. It’s also a good idea to have in-app prompts for ratings and reviews. However, be careful to prompt at the right time. Sending a prompt immediately after a crash or when the app is bugging may lead to an influx of negative reviews.
- Similarly, an app’s reviews can also provide valuable insights into the competitive landscape and help developers identify areas where they can differentiate their app from competitors. By understanding what users like and dislike about similar apps, developers can identify opportunities to offer unique features or solutions that better meet the needs of their target audience.
Tip #5: Localize your B2B app’s store listing
B2B customers are often geographically dispersed, and they may speak different languages or have different cultural backgrounds. Localizing the app’s metadata and creatives helps to ensure that the app is easily discoverable and appealing to potential customers in different regions and markets.
Additionally, B2B customers are typically looking for products and services that can help them solve specific business problems. By localizing the app’s metadata, including the app name, description, and keywords, developers can ensure that they are accurately and effectively communicating the app’s value proposition to potential customers in different regions.
Moreover, B2B customers often have specific requirements and preferences that may vary by region or culture. By localizing the app’s creatives, such as images and videos, developers can help to create a more personalized experience for potential customers in each market. This can help to build trust and credibility with potential customers and, ultimately, lead to increased adoption and revenue for the app.
Tip #6: Take advantage of promo text (for iOS)
B2B apps on the App Store can really leverage the promo text field to help inform users and connect their app with search queries:
- Increase app visibility: Promo text is indexed on the App Store when it comes to Apple Search Ads (ASA) bids, and can therefore increase the visibility of a B2B app.
- Announce new features or promotions: Promo text is a great opportunity for B2B apps to announce limited-time events, such as sales, holidays and other topical features. Developers can use promotional text to draw attention to these events at the top of the description and then remove it later without needing to submit a new version of the app. For example, shopping apps can announce “10 days until Black Friday” for last-minute shoppers.
- Convey value proposition: Promo text can effectively convey the unique value proposition of a B2B app in a concise and compelling way. By highlighting key features or benefits, B2B apps can communicate why their app is different and why potential users should choose it over competitors.
- Encourage downloads: A well-crafted promo text can encourage potential users to download a B2B app by piquing their interest and creating a sense of urgency. By using action-oriented language and a clear call-to-action, B2B apps can motivate potential users to take the next step and download the app.
Tip #7: A/B test different versions of your app metadata
By conducting A/B tests, B2B app developers can make data-driven decisions and test assumptions about user behavior and preferences.
- For example, developers can test different variations of creatives, metadata, and so on to see which version is more effective at driving user engagement or increasing conversion rates.
- A/B testing can also help app developers identify areas where the app is underperforming or where users are experiencing problems. By testing different versions of a feature or a specific user flow, developers can identify issues such as usability problems or barriers to conversion and make improvements to address those issues.
- Lastly, A/B testing can help B2B app developers improve their retention rates by testing different variations of the app’s onboarding process or user engagement strategies. By testing different variations of these features, developers can identify the most effective strategies for keeping users engaged and retaining them over time.
With shifting mobile trends, B2B mobile apps require new strategies to attract users. Putting the time and effort into a robust App Store Optimization strategy is an important way in which you can optimize your B2B app for business clients. A recap of these key ASO strategies include:
- Identify the most relevant and high-volume keywords B2B customers often search for and add them in your app metadata.
- Optimize your B2B app’s title and description to convey your value proposition and unique features to users.
- Make creative optimization a priority in your ASO goal for B2B apps.
- Analyze app store reviews and leverage social proof to improve overall user experience.
- Adapt your B2B apps to different cultures and languages to create a personalized experience for your potential customers in each market.
- Leverage promo text (for iOS) to highlight new features, updates, or events and boost your B2B app’s visibility in the App Store.
- Carry out A/B tests to test different variations of your app’s features, metadata, or creatives and improve your B2B app’s retention rates.
Are you interested to know more about driving downloads to your B2B app? Get in touch with our experts!