App Publisher Insights Now Available in Market Intelligence
Great news! Our Market Intelligence add-on now includes valuable insights on the top app publishers around the world. In the “Market Share” tab, you can now easily discover the leading publishers in your market and analyze the download and revenue share by publisher for each of your target categories and countries.
Keep reading this blog to discover the interesting insights you can now find on AppTweak with this new feature.
Analyze your app industry’s competitive landscape
Apps are often developed and published by large studios that own several apps. Therefore, it is interesting to identify the main players in a certain country or market and whether the market is dominated by only a handful of players or if it is more evenly distributed among all industry competitors. These questions can now quickly be answered by taking a look at the “Top Publishers” tab in Market Intelligence.
In the examples above, we consider the Music category (iOS) in an English-speaking market (United States, UK, Canada, Australia) over a period of 3 months. When looking at the top publishers by downloads, we observe that:
- The top 10 publishers hold 42% of the total market share.
- The majority of downloads in the market are generated by Spotify, which holds 10% of the total market share.
- Other major players include MWM, SoundCloud, Pandora Media LLC, Google LLC, and Shazam.
- The daily downloads (average) driven by the top publishers have remained quite stable over the last 3 months.
- Among the top 10 publishers in the category, downloads for Gismart Limited grew the most over the selected time period.
- Pandora Media, LLC and Google LLC generate the highest daily revenues (average) among the category’s top 10 publishers (by downloads).
Using the selectors at the top of the page, you can then conduct this analysis for each of your target markets around the world. You can also decide if you want to view market share by downloads or by revenue.
Compare the performance of top app publishers across countries
Besides analyzing the top publishers within a specific category or country, you might also want to directly compare the top publishers and their market share to discover, at one glance, whether one publisher performs better in one country than another. You can easily do this on AppTweak by going to the “Top Publishers by Country” tab.
Considering again the Music category (iOS) in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia over 3 months, we can see that:
- Spotify holds the highest market share (in terms of downloads) across all countries.
- SoundCloud and MWM are among the top 5 players in each country.
- Compared to the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, Shazam holds a relatively low share of the market in the United States.
- Out of the English-speaking markets in this analysis, Pandora Media, LLC is only a major player in the United States. As expected, BBC is also only a major player in the UK.
Discover app publisher insights with Market Intelligence
With Market Intelligence on AppTweak, our new top publisher insights now allow you to:
- Get an overview of the competitive landscape in your industry.
- Discover the publishers holding the highest share of a specific market or country by downloads and revenue.
- Monitor market share growth trends for top publishers.
- Directly compare the performance of top publishers in different countries.
- And more!